Thursday 3 December 2015

ARDA 2, A Parade of Turkish Men

Ilker Gursoy, uL!eZha, 27062015
I have watched Turkish TV series titled ‘ELIF’ recently, and fallen in love with one of its character named Uncle Melih (Ilker Gusoy). I searched for his fanpages, photos, and even random articles.

When I found some interesting pictures of him, I immediately took my sketchbook and tried to draw him in realistic style. To be honest, this was my very first time drawing realistic style, and I drew it using some kind of ‘free style’ way, because I had not known about that ‘grid’ thing at that moment.

Ilker Gursoy, uL!eZha, 29062015

And these are the results. As you can see, there is so much distortion on my sketches, especially for the beard. I have to admit that details are truly my weakness, but I always to try improve my skill on it.















I also drew Uncle Selim (Emre Kivilcim). This one is the most difficult for me to draw. It also took the longest time to draw the details. And still, it does not look alike at all. Hahaha... But I am quite satisfied with the result.

Emre Kivilcim, uL!eZha 10082015


When I published these sketches on my facebook for the first time, one of my friend asked me to draw another Turkish actor named Halit Ergenc. Honestly, I had never watched any of his film or TV series. I only knew that he was the King Suleyman at one of famous TV series titled ‘King Suleyman’.

Halit Ergenc, uL!eZha, 08082015
So, I finally decided to take the challenge, and drew him on my sketchbook. And there above is the result. It actually was the most complicated to draw, especially the detail of his expression. His eagle eyes, his mysterious smile. But, this is it! Hope you like it!
Regards, uL!eZha

No comments:

Post a Comment